Ready to start your video project with us? Please read our terms and conditions below.
We, Neck of the Woods Films Ltd, will create the video(s) for you, the client, according to the scope of services laid out in our proposal.
Any additional filming days, edits or other changes to the project requirements may affect the timeline and costs laid out in the costing table, and should be discussed separately.
30% of the total cost of the project is generated and due before filming commences. The remaining 70% of the invoice and any travel expenses will be generated on the delivery of the final video(s) and is due within 14 days of receipt by you, the client.
50% of the total cost of the project is generated on sign off of the storyboard and is due before animation begins. The remaining 50% of the invoice will be generated on the delivery of the final video(s) and is due within 14 days of receipt by you, the client.
Purchase Order system
If you are using a PO system to make payments, we require the full PO to be raised on commencement of the project. This is to ensure a swift payment once the project is completed.
A ‘draft’ version of the video will be forwarded to you, the client, for your review. This draft may receive two rounds of revisions only, which is included in the original agreed cost. Subsequent revisions thereafter or a major reedit may incur additional editing costs and should be discussed separately.
Any video produced as a result of the production is solely owned by Neck of the Woods Films Ltd and is protected under UK Law. However, upon completion and cleared funds, we will transfer the Copyright Ownership to you, the client.
In both circumstances Neck of the Woods Films Ltd reserve the right to use the footage / material / media, either in sections or in its entirety, for promotional purposes.
Any materials provided by you the client (videos, audio, photographs, logos etc) for inclusion in the video, must have copyright from the original copyright owner / material provider obtained. You, the client, agree to indemnify Neck of the Woods Films Ltd against any future possible claims, disputes, expenses or similar that may arise from a third party concerning usage of such material.
Unless otherwise agreed all source and projects files will remain the property of Neck of the Woods Films Ltd.
Source files (raw footage and assets created by us)
Supply of source files to you, the client, may be subsequently requested and agreed upon and will incur an extra cost. If source files are requested by you, the client, prior to or at the start of a project, Neck of the Woods Films Ltd will advise you, the client, of these costs.
Project files (the edit)
Due to various software, plugins, licenses and tools we use whilst editing your project, it is not possible for us to provide project files to you, the client. However a copy of your project files are kept and backed up for 2 years after a project is complete to enable us to update the edits if required (e.g updates to your branding, removing someone who has requested to be removed from a film etc). These edits may incur a fee and can be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
It is you, the client’s, responsibility to obtain consent from all participants that are filmed or photographed for the purpose of the video. This consent must also be extended to us, Neck of the Woods Films Ltd. The consent must cover all intended uses of the end product and all associated media including use by us, Neck of the Woods Films Ltd.
No discounts or liability will be accepted by Neck of the Woods Films Ltd if the video must be re-edited due to a participant refusing permission to show their image or use their audio in any form.
In all instances Neck of the Woods Films Ltd reserves the right to remove any of it’s personnel or equipment from a location if it is deemed unsafe or if they have been subjected to abusive or aggressive behaviour.
Neck of the Woods Films Ltd carries public liability insurance to the amount of £10,000,000 and professional indemnity insurance to the amount of £1,000,000.
In the unlikely event of a total production failure or cancellation of this contract by either party or in any other circumstance, the liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the contract. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
In the event of you, the client, wishing to change the filming date we insist on a minimum of 24 hours notice. Failure to comply will result in the client becoming 100% liable for all costs incurred.
All prices quoted are valid for 60 days from the date stated on the quotation/proposal. There may be certain circumstances where this timeline is extended e.g. long term projects that have multiple/re-occuring payments or projects that rely on a funding bid application. However this would have to be agreed by all parties in advance.